Tuesday, April 19, 2011

Getting Back In Shape. UGGGHHH

I'm trying this new being healthy thing. HA.

But seriously, apart from last night's Taco Bell binge (let's not talk about it), I've been trying really hard to eat right and go to the gym. Now, if you know me even a little bit, you could probably guess that I actually HATE going to the gym because it's so boring. Plus I completely lack motivation. This time around, though, I've set a couple of goals. The most immediate goals: general overall improvement of health, and a rockin' beach bod. By August I'd like to successfully complete a 5k obstacle course, and then we'll see where I am.

Tonight I had a brilliant idea: kettlebell. So I went to a kettlebell class with my mom and her friend... now, first of all, they're hilarious. I think I spent more time laughing at them than I did paying attention to the instructor. Secondly, I never expected to do that many squats in 45 minutes. EVER. Now take about 78765757708766 squats and do them while lifting a weight, even if it's only 10 pounds, into various positions. Eeeuugghhh. It actually wasn't all that bad, except for the fact that my knees are garbage and my dumb ass decided to run a mile and a half in straight "Level 3 Cardio" mode on the elliptical and power walk/jog another half mile or so on a treadmill before taking the class. Even still, I don't think the class itself is enough of a workout, so a little time on a treadmill or elliptical is probably a good idea in order to maximize the effect.

It was an overall good gym experience tonight, but there's still a long road ahead. Eyes on the prize, right?

No comments:

Post a Comment