Thursday, September 2, 2010

It's been two weeks since I walked off the plane in London. I can't believe two weeks have gone by so quickly. It seems ridiculous that in the last two weeks, I've done so many things and yet I still missed a ton more (due to migraines, as usual.). I've experienced an Italian hospital. I've gone for drinks at bars in two different countries. I drank cheap Italian wine. I've seen the Leaning Tower of Pisa. I've walked the shore of the Mediterranean Sea. I ordered food correctly in Italian, a language I had never even attempted to speak until just a couple weeks ago. I shopped in an Italian supermarket and didn't end up with anything weird. Tomorrow I have my speaking and listening final for my Italian class. It blows my mind that I've done a semester's worth of work in two weeks. Saturday I have my written exam and then I hop on a bus to Florence, where I will take up residency for the next three and a half months.

I'm not sure what is the most exciting part of all of this. I think it could be that I'm going to be a legitimate resident of another country as of Saturday when I meet my new Italian landlord and he hands me the keys to my new Italian apartment. I'm living with two people I just met and somehow I feel like it's going to be a ridiculous learning experience. I'm excited. I'm excited to attempt to cook traditional Italian meals and I'm excited to explore a new city. I hope that once I settle into Florence my headaches will settle down and I'll finally be able to relax. I see so many positive things in the future. I'm in love with life.

No comments:

Post a Comment